The Ground rules
This Campaign will be played using the Fate Core system developed by Evil Hat Productions.
I have purchased a rule book and dice but a Fate core srd, character sheets and many other resources can be downloaded from their site!
There is also an online Fate SRD available at http://fate-srd.com/fate-core/basics
Creating Your Character is part of the adventure!
- rough-in a quick back-story to get started
- Determine your character’s high concept and trouble Aspects.
- Name: Name your character.
- Next we will play with your character(s) a bit on paper and introduce him, her or it to the world and to each other.
- Phase One: Describe your character’s first adventure.
- Phases Two and Three: Describe how you’ve crossed paths with two other characters.
- Aspects: Write down one aspect for each of these three experiences.
- Skills: Pick and rate your skills.
- Stunts: Pick or invent three to five stunts.
- Refresh: Determine how many fate points you start play with.
- Stress and Consequences: Determine how much of a beating your character can take.
Your skills form a pyramid, with a single skill rated at Great (1):
One Great (3) skills
Three Fair (1) skills
World Specific skills
- Social Engineering (contacts, diplomacy, bargaining, survival)
- Social Deconstruction (Intimidation, Strategy, Combat )
- INFORMATION, communication and data that can be categorized into meaningful patterns
- Craft Arcane – knowing why a crafted thing works
- Craft mundane
- ARCANE Knowledge – the insight needed to bend what you know into a new action or state beyond that which craft or prior research would provide.
- Race – Hybrid
- Race – Machine
- Race – Beast type
- Race – Alien
determined by aspects and skills.